Preparing a Petition
PETITION WRITTEN RULES
There are 6 basic elements that should generally be included in the petition.
2. Name of the office (If necessary, the city or full address should be written. Click for the Academic and Administrative Units List.
3. Text (Written in a clear and understandable style)
4. Signature (must belong to the person who prepared it)
5. Name of the person who wrote the petition
6. The address of the person who wrote the petition (Contact information)
- The petition to be written should be started by addressing the legal entity of the institution concerned.
- The petition should only be addressed to the authorities. Petitions cannot be written to individuals.
- The office name should be written in capital letters.
- As the place and date, the place and date of the petition should be stated.
- A4 size clean, unlined and white paper should be used. As much as possible, the back side should not be passed, if necessary, a second paper should be used.
- The petition can be prepared in computer environment. If handwriting is used, care should be taken to ensure that the writing is clear and legible with vertical letters. The petition prepared on the computer; It should be written in non-dark, standard black, 12-point Times New Roman font, or 11-point Arial font.
- Writing paper; It should be arranged with a space of 2.5 cm from each of the top, bottom, left and right edges.
- Petition; It should be prepared in a serious, official, respectful language and style.
- The requested transaction or information must be in accordance with the law; must be requested in a clear and understandable manner within the legal framework. If there is a complaint, the documents subject to the complaint should be attached, if possible, and the witnesses should be stated in the petition.
- The problem/situation or wish should be explained in a way that avoids misunderstandings; It should be expressed briefly and clearly, and should be stated in the petition without giving place to unnecessary details, personalities and sentimentality.
- Petition; It should be in accordance with Turkish spelling and spelling rules and should be prepared in a careful and understandable language, without using abbreviations, except for general abbreviations.
- In the petition, the name and surname, signature, contact number and full address of the petitioner must be written correctly.
- Additional documents to be attached to the petition; At the end of the prepared petition, it should be stated in full under the title of "Annex/Attachments" and added to the petition.
- If it is aimed to inform the higher authority on a subject, the sentence should be completed as "I would like to inform you about the situation".
- If the higher authority is asked to solve a problem or initiate a transaction, the sentence should be finished as "I would like it".
- If permission is requested for a transaction to be made, "I offer your permission" etc. The petition should be concluded with expressions of respect.
- “I present respectfully” as it means “to present with respect”. should not be written.
- Important Note: The higher authority "asks" when asking from the lower authority, while the lower authority "supplies" when asking from the higher authority. Citizens simply "supply".
TO EGE UNIVERSITY RECTORATE
I am a student of your university with the number………. I would like to participate in the theater competition organized by your school within the scope of “2021 İzmir ………………… Events”. Required documents are attached.
I submit what is needed.
Name and surname
T.R. No: .............................
1 Student Certificate